Wednesday, February 15, 2012

V-day. A day I can always be excited about (now)

Ahhhh, so after 27 years of on-again, off-again relationships with St. Valentine...I can finally be excited for the "Love Day" having a Valentine of my very own for the rest of my life <3

John and I had our very first Valentine's Day as a couple this year. It is still crazy that one year ago I was living up single-hood and today I am counting down the days until I marry my love. We didn't do anything too crazy, had a toast of Champagne thanks to our friend Liz Johnson and my Aunt and Uncle who gave us beautiful toasting flutes from Tiffany & Co. to celebrate our engagement! We exchanged valentines and then went to mass and dinner with some of our wonderful friends. It was a lot of fun!

On to other goings-ons around here. Maggie Smith left us last week to move back to the Mile High City. In honor of her going away, obviously her BFF from Texas was going to throw her a little going away party. Well Rowdy Raines is no regular bff. I had decided to spice the dinner up a little bit and warned all who were there to think of the most embarrassing story they could think of about Maggie since she had lived in Texas. After we ordered dinner, we all went around the table and shared her most embarrassing moments in Texas. It. was. awesome. Hahaha I seriously think I am too funny for my own good sometimes. Smith loved/hated me all at the same time about her going away shin-dig, but let's be honest. That is why our friendship is so great. Never before has the saying "opposites attract" been so true. Smith, don't worry, I won't share your embarrassing moments with the blog-o-sphere.

Let's see. What else? Oh, John survived his first "Gaschen Family" meeting this past weekend. My Godmother, Lulu, turned 50 this past weekend in Lubbock, TX. My Mom's side of the family has a huge party for each of their siblings (there are 8 of them) when they turn 50. So I thought it would be a perfect opportunity for John to meet my aunts and uncles on my Mom's side of the family. My Dad's side will have to be next...didn't want to overwhelm him with too much at one time. Long story short, he survived! And he even won over all the aunts by showing off his dancing skills <3 He's a keeper!

Well, hope everyone had a blessed St. Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment